Match the artist with the lyrics. Two points for each correct answer.
- 1 point for each title you know.
- 1 point for each song you own.
- 10 points if you own none.
- I own four, for 1 point each, name them.
- For 1-8 points, incorrectly guess the theme. Be creative. Points awarded at the sole discretion of the judge -- me
- What if I were Romeo in black jeans
What if I was Heathcliff, it's no myth
Maybe she's just looking for
Someone to dance with
- Romeo is dead, Juliet is dyin'
Love and death has got this whole town cryin'
- Juliet says "hey, it's Romeo, you nearly gave me a heart attack!"
He's underneath the window she's singing "hey la, my boyfriend's back.
You shouldn't come around here singing up at people like that...
Anyway what you gonna do about it?"
- Romeo was restless, he was ready to kill
He jumped out the window 'cause he couldn't sit still
Juliet was waiting with a safety net
He said, "Don't bury me 'cause I'm not dead yet"
- Romeo, oh Romeo
Wherefore art thou Romeo?
He's in a car or at a bar
Or churning his blood
with an impure drug
- I was never satisfied with casual encounters
I cant hide my need for two hearts that bleed with burning love
Thats the way its got to be
Romeo and juliet, they never felt this way I bet
So dont underestimate my point of view
- Romeo and juliet, samson and delilah
Baby you can bet their love they didnt deny
Your words say split but your words they lie
`cause when we kiss, fire
- Maybe he's no Romeo
But he's my lovin' one man show
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa
Let's hear it for the boy
- Valentine is done
Here but now they're gone
Romeo and Juliet
Are together in eternity...Romeo and Juliet
40,000 men and women everyday...Like Romeo and Juliet
- Juliet, where's your romeo
where oh where is your romeo
tell me juliet where's your romeo
tell us tell us dear for we all want to know
- Blue Oyster Cult
- Elvis Costello
- Dire Straits
- Melissa Etheridge
- Michael Penn
- Lou Reed
- Bruuuuuce Springsteen
- Denise Williams
- Peter Wolf
Rules, always with the rules
Points only for those you know without googling. Obviously I can't stand over you with a Nun ruler, so I'll borrow from the guidelines Ken Jennings uses for his Tuesday Trivia:
As with all good trivia, it would take you about 30 seconds to Google the answers. So you're on the honor system here: no peeking, and only send in the answers you knew off the top of your head.
Unless otherwise noted, spoiler discussions are allowed in the comments. So discuss the answers as much as you want in the comments and if you're still guessing then avoid the comments until your answers are ready.